Cinderella, an aesthetically beautiful girl, lived with her cruel step mother and jealous step sisters, who constantly mistreated her as a maid. She lived a life of boredom and anxiety.
One day, when there was a big royal ball in the town, where the Prince of the kingdom would choose his Princess, Cinderella’s sisters, beautified themselves for the selection. But Cinderella was sitting all aloof remembering her good old days with her parents. Just then, her Fairy Godmother appeared, who always aided Cinderella in her difficulties with her magical powers. She asked Cinderella, “Hello my dear! Everyone is busy dressing up themselves for the ball tonight. Don’t you want to get ready for it? Come on, I’ll arrange everything for you, your ball gown, your makeup, your accessories and everything you need.” Cinderella interrupted, “That’s so sweet of you my dear Godmother! But I don’t want these things. I live here depressed whole day. I want to relish life’s moments, I want to unravel the spark inside me. I want to be myself!” The Fairy Godmother understood her agony. She said, “Well, if this is what you want, I have a to do list for you, where only you will be in action. I will have no role to play, I cannot use my magical powers to keep you happy. Are you ready for it?” Cinderella nodded in agreement.
The Fairy Godmother suggested,”
1. Smile, laugh freely to your heart’s content.
2. Dance to a song the way you like.
3. Hum your favourite song.
4. Take a walk in the nature.
5. Hear the birds chirp.
6. Watch the flowers bloom.
7. Smell the fragrance of the beautiful flowers.
8. Plant a sapling and water it with all your heart.
9. Compliment your self for small achievements.
10. Date yourself with your all time favourite food.
11. Shop for yourself.
12. Sip a cup of tea.
13. Munch in your favourite chocolate.
14. Pamper yourself by a special gift, wrap it and open it with surprise.
15. Watch your favourite movie or tv show.
16. Watch the mesmerizing sunrise and sunset.
17. Gaze at the twinkling stars and the Moon.
18. Watch the rainbow paint the sky.
19. Feel the rain on your soul, smell the wet soil and feel the whistling wind.
20. Have a sound sleep.
21. Take a day off from all the household chores.
22. Watch your favourite childhood cartoons.
23. Get crafty.
24. Sign up for some art sessions, free workshops.
25. Visit exhibitions, art and food festivals.
26. Read jokes and laugh out loud.
27. Groom yourself.
28. Solve crossword puzzles and sudoku.
29. Play games like Chess, Carrom, Ludo, Snakes Ladders, etc.
30. Play some outdoor games like Badminton, Cricket, etc.
31. Delight yourself with some popcorn, candy floss or icecream.
32. Exercise, meditate, move around.
33. Start reading, it can be anything you like.
34. Meet and greet your friends at a walk session.
35. And apart from these, stop overthinking, stop procrastination, make mistakes, learn to say no without feeling guilty, love yourself.
And the list goes on and on.
Live like you never lived before, my child!”
Cinderella was left awestruck. She thanked the Fairy Godmother, “Oh my dear Godmother, you really taught me the significance of self love.” The Fairy Godmother gave her blessings to Cinderella and disappeared. Cinderella left her melancholy behind and led a blissful life.
You need to login in order to vote